In 2015, the African Union Commission, in collaboration with ECA and AFDB initiated a Gender Scorecard intended to be a simple, quick and user-friendly tool that member States can use to measure their performance against key ratified equality gender commitments. The objective of this consultancy is to Develop the 2018 African Gender Scorecard vis-à-vis the Objectives of the Theme of the Year (Africa Year of Anti-Corruption). This is with the aim to produce and publish the 2018 Scorecard before the AU Heads of State and Government Summit that will be held end January 2019, in line with the strict timelines outlined in the project schedule & work plan below.
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF 2018 AU GENDER SCORECARD – JUNIOR ANALYST
The Consultant should have post-graduate qualifications in statistics, economics or social sciences, and a strong background in law, gender and good governance. She or he should also meet following criteria:
1. The applicant must demonstrate good understanding of regional and global legal frameworks and policy normative documents on corruption in Africa;
2. Demonstrated expertise in analysis and use of gender responsive data including ability to develop high quality narrative;
3. Advanced knowledge of excel;
4. Strong capacity to undertake legal, qualitative and quantitative research methods;
5. Excellent command of English (or French)
6. Excellent writing skills.