CONSULTACY TO DEVELOP A DOCUMENTARY ON THE AFRICAN WOMEN’S DECADE (AWD), 2010-2020
The African Union (AU) is a Pan African continental body consisting of 55 African countries. The AU was established on 26 May 2001 and launched on 9 July 2002 replacing the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). The AU is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The vision of the African Union is that of "An integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena". Through its various programmes and initiatives, the African Union works towards increased cooperation and integration of its member states to drive Africa’s growth and economic development and the attainment of the Pan African Vision of an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa. The objective of the documentary is to provide a review of the African Women’s Decade since 2010 by highlighting the achievements made, challenges uncounted and future prospects for accelerating implementation of gender equality and women’s empowerment commitments in line with the aim and objectives of the AWD.
1. Minimum of five (5) years documented work experience in the area of film/reportage/documentary writing, producing, directing and editing;
2. Access to highest quality filming, light, sound and editing equipment;
3. Ability to conduct research and in-depth interviews to extract most relevant information that will build the storyline of the documentary
4. Ability to operate under strict time limits and apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high level of professionalism;
5. Ability to communicate and conduct interviews in English and French
6. Track record of successful materials filmed in African continent on similar subject areas would be an asset.