Consultant Gender Programme Expert Consultancy services for Roll-out of the AU Gender Strategy -WGDD
1.Master’s degree in areas of primary area of focus of the Department, economics, monitoring and evaluation combined with applied gender knowledge or vice versa
2. At least 7 years of demonstrated experience developing complex monitoring and evaluation plans, conducting specialized training in multi-lateral organizations and
3. At least 3 years of demonstrated experience mainstreaming gender into the scope and programme of technical fields such as infrastructure, energy, transport or ICT
4. Ability to successfully and progressively build institutional capacity for effective ownership of gender mainstreaming goals
5. Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation framework design, policy brief design, training Programme development and implementation and budget analysis
6. Excellent analytical and writing skills
7. Experience and demonstrated commitment to advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment
8. Experience working across multiple functional lines of authority and ability to adapt working methods to achieve desired results
9. Excellent oral and multi-media communication skills in AU languages
10. Computer skills in software supported by the institution (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint);
11 Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
Goal 17 of Agenda 2063 seeks to achieve full gender equality in all spheres of life. To realize this goal, gender needs to be systematically mainstreamed into relevant programmes and activities of the Department on timely basis. Overtime, capacities internal to the Department will absorb this role as the need for specialized skills will be met through ensuring gender becomes embedded into their core methods of work. The following consultancy assignment will specifically support the efforts of the Department of Energy and Infrastructure. The Gender Programme Expert will therefore provide technical and advisory services to the Department as per the duties and responsibilities listed below. This will be a consultancy assignment for six months renewable per the needs of the Department and performance of the incumbent. The objective of this assignment is to mainstream gender into the key performance planning and management tools of the Department and build staff capacity to institutionalize them within their various areas of responsibility.