The African Union (AU) was established as a unique Pan African continental body, charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, capital city of Ethiopia. The African Union Commission (AUC) is the secretariat of the AU and is the key organ playing a central role in the day-to-day management of the AU. The AU is funded from assessed contribution from the 55 Member states and funds from Institutional Partners for specific projects in line with its Strategic Plan and agreed priorities with the partners.
1.Advanced university degree in history, gender and development, women’s rights, communication, political science, international relations, law, social sciences, and related fields.
2. Deep understanding of Pan-Africanism and extensive knowledge of the history of African women’s movements and organisations
3. Minimum ten years of professional writing experience on African women’s history, pan-Africanism, gender and development
4. Previous demonstrable experience in writing and publishing Other Skills
5. Excellent writing and communication skills
6.Ability to work under pressure and under rapidly changing conditions
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multi-cultural environments Language Requirements Proficiency in English or French languages. Knowledge of other African Union working language(s) would be an added advantage.
CONSULTANCY SERVICE TO DEVELOP A BOOKLET ON AFRICAN WOMEN WHO CONTRIBUTED TO ANTI-APARTHEID AND ANTI-COLONIAL LIBERATION STRUGGLES